ROUTINE SLUDGE CONTROL FOR CRUDE OIL STORAGE
A device for directing a submerged jet of crude oil across a pre-programmed area of the bottom of a crude oil storage tank. The jet of crude oil, periodically introduced, is designed to dissolve and re-suspend sludge which has deposited during storage.
A tank fitted with the Solve sludge mitigation system can be maintained in a sludge-free condition throughout the storage cycle.
Benefits Of Routine Sludge Control for Crude Oil Storage
- A tank guaranteed clean to hot-work standard at the end of the storage period.
- Tank cleaning becomes a predictable maintenance expense rather than a lottery at the end of the storage cycle.
- Sludge deposition will be monitored on an annual basis throughout the storage period (topographic survey).
- Complies with the principals of IPC (Integrated Pollution Control), which while not yet applied to the oil industry, can be only a matter of time in coming.
- Life Cycle cost benefits in terms of material loss control Significantly reduced costs for tank cleaning and sludge treatment/disposal.
- Reduced Environmental risk. Improved Health and Safety for personnel in preparing the tank for internal inspection
- Hazardous waste minimisation
- Tank downtime reduced significantly during maintenance outage
- 100% tank utilisation throughout the storage period
- Improved crude oil dewatering
- Eliminate the problems associated with ‘Boil-over’ should a fire occur.
- Efficient product homogenisation
- Minimise internal corrosion
- Allows you to get on with more important issues while we take care of sludge management in your crude oil tanks.